Automotive Electrical Wire
Automotive Electrical Wire, also known as low-voltage wire, is a kind of connecting wire inside the car, which can be used for current transmission of batteries, meters,car lights, etc. Automotive wire requires that the wire should have various properties such as : heat resistance, cold resistance, oil resistance, wear resistance, flame retardance and anti-interference. Unlike ordinary household wires that made of copper single-core wires and have a certain degree of hardness，automotive wires are copper multi-core flexible wires, some of which are as thin as hair, and several or even dozens of soft copper wires are wrapped in plastic insulated tubes ( PVC), soft and not easy to break.
Automotive Electrical Wire is widely used in the electrical and instrument connection of automobiles, motorcycles and other vehicles, motor controllers, mobile appliances, power tools, instruments, electronic equipment, telecommunications rooms, complete control cabinets, lighting engineering, mechanical equipment and automation devices connection.
Standard Automotive Wire & Cable by LINKE:
AVSS Wire AutomotiveAVSS Wire is a type of Japanese standard low voltage Automotive Wire . It is composed of single-core stranded conductor and PVC insulation.
FLRY Wire AutomotiveFLRY wire is a single-core thin-wall PVC insulated flexible cable. It is a kind of american standard low voltage automotive primary wire .
Automotive Cable SuppliersLinke Cable Technology (Dongguan) Co., Ltd. is a Automotive Cable Suppliers located in Dongguan city of China. We specialized in developing and manufacturing automotive wire & cables and other wire and cable. Most of our automotive cables are Widely used in various vehicles, car, new energy bus, motorcycle, race car etc.
What Types of Automotive Electrical Wire are there？According to different usages, automotive electrical wires can be divided into low voltage wires, high voltage ignition wires, and cable wires. Instrument display, lighting, signal, recharging and auxiliary electrical equipment use low-voltage wires; Ignition coil high-voltage output wires, the spark plugs and each cylinder of the engine wires use special high-voltage damping ignition wires; As the load current from starter power supply to battery positive is large, so use a cable with a larger cross-sectional area; The ground wire connecting the negative electrode of the battery to the frame is a copper braided wire.There are two main types of automotive wires, automotive high voltage wire and automotive low voltage wire, both of which are processed with copper multi-core flexible wires.
- The cross-sectional area of the wire is mainly selected according to its working current. For electrical appliances that pass little current, in order to ensure that the wire should have a certain mechanical strength， the cross-sectional area of the wire should not be less than 0.5mm2. Since the starter is short-term working, in order to ensure that the starter can emit enough power during normal operation. It is required that the voltage drop per 100A of current on the line cannot exceed 0.1v-0.15v, so the cross-sectional area of the wire used is large.
- Automotive high voltage wire is a kind of "conductor" with an "insulation" device that transmits electrical energy through an ignition coil for the spark plug to ignite, thereby make the engine to work. car high voltage wire has a very high withstand voltage, which should generally be above 15kv, so its cross-sectional area is very small (because the current is very small), about 1.5mm2. The thickness of the insulation layer is much lower than that of low-voltage wires. Most of them use rubber insulation, plus dipped wrapped in woven cotton.
Automotive Low Voltage Wire
Automotive High Voltage Wire
How to Choose the Correct Wire Cross-Sectional Area?Equipment wire cross-sectional area can be selected according to the load current size.Long time work electrical equipment can choose wire 60% of the actual current,while short-time work can choose between 60〜100%.
How to Choose Automotive Electrical Wire Color Code?With electrical equipment increasing in automobile, numbers of automotive electrical wires are also increasing. To facilitate identification and maintenance, the low-voltage wires in the wiring harness are all used in different colors. For the convenience of marking in the circuit diagram, various colors are shown in the alphabet, and their codes to specified.The low-voltage wires color code for automobile and tractor are shown in the table. Wire color are Black, White, Red, Green, Yellow, Brown, Blue, Gray, Purple, Orange and codes are B, W,R,G, Y,Br, Bl, Gr, V, O.
How to Choose a Right Automotive Electrical Wire?The interior of the car is a very complex small environment (Figure 1). There are various environment factors on the car such as： high temperature, cold, friction, vibration, organic solvents, flammables and noise. Automobile electrical wires are also different from general electric wires and cables. According to the placement and function requirements, the electric wires are required to have various properties such as heat resistance, cold resistance, oil resistance, wear resistance, flame resistance and dry interference resistance. Therefore, the wire type of the automobile electric wire should be selected according to the different environment and function of the electric wire. E.g . The ambient temperature around the front cabin engine is very high, and there are many corrosive gases and liquids. Therefore, wires that with high-temperature, corrosion-resistant, oil-resistant, vibration-resistant, and friction-resistant should be used. Generally speaking, the temperature of the front cabin wire of the car is required to be between 40 and 125 degrees Celsius; And the environment where the cab is located is relatively comfortable, the temperature of the car wires used can meet the requirements between -40 to 85 degrees Celsius. In addition, according to the different functions, automotive electrical wire selection for different car electrical systems is also different.
- Address: No.10, Xinnan Industrial Road 2nd, Qishi Twon, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, P.R China
- Tel: +86-18675609039 GMT+8
Get All Our Product Catalog:
16.5Mb PDF File, Covers 10,000+ Models Cables.
Product & Support
- Our Main Products (Full Range Products)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Support & Service
- View our Blog
- Custom Services (Custom & OEM Welcomed)